Balsamic Marinated Pork Medallions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless (6 oz. each) center cut pork chops, 1 to 1-1/4 inches thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems removed
1. Heat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Brown pork 3 minutes per side; add vinegar and soy sauce. Bake 8 to 12 minutes, until instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center of one chop reaches 155 degrees F. With slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Transfer sauce to bowl; keep warm.
3. Add butter and spinach to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 1 minute, until spinach wilts. Sprinkle with a pinch each salt and pepper. Slice pork and arrange on 4 serving plates. Serve with spinach and balsamic sauce. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)28,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet