Brown Sugar-Honey Glazed Ham
Mix up the honey mustard glaze and use part of it on the ham and the rest on the side to make a finished meal.
- Olive oil, for pan
- 1 6 - 8 pound fully cooked spiral-cut bone-in ham
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Place ham, cut side down, in pan and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degree F and arrange rack in center. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl. Transfer 1 cup of mixture to a serving bowl, cover and reserve, for sauce. Cover and set aside remaining mixture, for glaze.
3. Bake ham 1-1/2 hours. Pour glaze over ham, covering completely. Continue to bake until golden brown (and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center by 2 inches, without touching bone, registers 140 degree F), 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving. Serve ham with sauce on the side. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet