Capellini with Sausage and Spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces capellini or vermicelli pasta, broken in half
- 2 10 ounce bags fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or stock-pot over medium-high heat; add sausage and cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning as it browns. Add onion and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. Add broth and water to pot; cover and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and pepper and cook, stirring spinach into pasta and sauce, 2 to 3 minutes more, until pasta is al dente and spinach is wilted. Stir in heavy cream. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)39,
- sat. fat(g)15,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!