Country-Style Ribs in a Bourbon Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large Vidalia onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 14 1/2ounce can tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
1. Heat oven to 250 degree F. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and saute onions until translucent, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the brown sugar and stir until melted, 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, bourbon, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt, and pepper. Working in batches, transfer marinade to a food processor and blend until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining marinade. Return marinade to the skillet and cook over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Place ribs in a deep baking dish. Cover with marinade and bake, covered, until tender, 2 to 2-1/2 hours. (Increase oven temperature to 275 degree F after 1 hour of cooking.)
3. Prepare a covered grill for direct grilling. Grill ribs over low heat, uncovered, 30 minutes, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes and turning halfway through. Slice ribs individually and serve. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)39,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!