Flower- and Duck-Shaped Cheddar Cheese and Ham Finger Sandwiches
Make the simple ham salad recipe and use it to spread on shaped bread for kids. Use your children's favorite shapes.
Yield: 8 small (4-inch) sandwiches Prep 15 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1 cup (3-1/2 oz.) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) chopped sliced deli ham
- 2 tablespoons drained, chopped pimiento or roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 16 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Pulse cheese, ham, pimiento, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Cut bread with 3-1/2-inch cookie cutters into flower and duck shapes. Spread bottom bread halves with filling (about 1 tablespoon) and top with remaining bread (you will have some filling left over). Press sandwiches slightly so you can just begin to see filling on the sides and roll edges in parsley.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet