Grilled Ham with Fruit Salsa
Mango-apple salsa is a refreshing new fruit garnish used to sweeten up the tangy taste of ham.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds bone-in, thick-cut ham steak
- Cooked rice (optional)
1. For salsa, combine mango, apple, cilantro, lime juice, the 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
2. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
3. Combine cumin, the 1/2 teaspoon sugar, the oil and pepper in a cup. Brush on both sides of steak. Grill ham 1 to 2 minutes per side, until heated through and grill marks are dark.
4. Top with salsa and serve with cooked rice, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet