- 1 1/4 pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved, sliced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1. Pound each piece of pork, cut side down, with flat side of meat mallet until 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
2. Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add pork and brown 5 minutes, turning once; transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the onion to skillet; cook 3 minutes, stirring, until lightly browned. Add cider and vinegar; bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir in apples and rosemary; cover and cook 6 minutes or until apples are just tender. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mustard and the pork slices. Cook 3 minutes more or until pork is just cooked through. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet