Pork and Papaya Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
1. For the dressing, combine 2 tablespoons of the oil, the orange juice, vinegar, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in cup. Remove 1 tablespoon of the dressing and toss with beans in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Mash together garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper on board with a fork. Rub paste onto all sides of pork in bowl.
3. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the pork; cook 2 minutes. Turn and brown 2 minutes more until cooked through. Remove to clean bowl. Repeat process with remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and pork. Arrange beans in center of a serving platter. Spoon pork and papaya around beans. Pour remaining dressing over pork and papaya. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!