Pork Chops with Avocado Salsa
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick (about 1 lb total)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 4 ounce can tomatillo salsa or 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1. Trim fat from chops. Rinse and pat dry. Combine cumin, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper and garlic. Rub mixture evenly over chops
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high at. Add chops and cook 8 to 12 min or until pork juices run clear (160 degrees F), turning once.
3. In a food processor, blend tomatillo salsa, scallions and 1/4 tsp salt until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in avocado, radishes and fresh cilantro. Serves 4.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!