- 4 boneless pork chops (1 lb.)
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 crusty rolls, split
1. Heat oven to 425 degree F. Pound pork chops to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Press garlic cloves through garlic press; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, combine egg and water in pie plate. Dip both sides of pork chops in egg mixture, dripping off excess, then lightly coat in bread crumbs; transfer to a clean plate.
4. Heat remaining oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; brown 4 minutes per side.
5. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in a 9-inch baking dish. Arrange pork on top of sauce. Spoon 1 cup of sauce over pork; top with cheese. Cover and bake 10 minutes, until cheese melts. Divide and spoon remaining sauce on bottom of rolls; top each with pork and tops of rolls. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)34,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet