Rigatoni with Grilled Sausages, Peppers and Onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 sweet onion, (such as vidalia), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links (pricked with fork)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried rigatoni or corkscrews, cooked according to package directions.
1. Heat grill.
2. Toss peppers and onion slices with 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Grill over medium-hot* heat 8 to 15 minutes or until evenly charred and tender, turning occasionally.
3. Remove peppers and place in a resealable plastic storage bag; seal and cool slightly. Transfer onions to a large serving bowl.
4. Toss tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, grill 5 to 10 minutes or until evenly charred.
5. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until evenly browned and cooked through. Slice sausages; transfer to bowl. Stir in olive oil, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, thyme and pepper. Toss with hot rigatoni. Makes 6 servings.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)24,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!