Scrambled Eggs with Feta and Dill
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 slices bread for Easter Toast (optional)
1. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add bacon and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Transfer to plate; cover and keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
2. Whisk eggs, water, pepper, feta and dill in a bowl.
3. Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture and cook 2 minutes. Turn eggs occasionally and continue to cook 4 to 5 minutes more, until eggs are just set. Serve with bacon and Easter Toast, if desired. (Nutrition facts are based on per serving without toast.)Easter Toast::
4. Toast sliced bread. With a 2-inch bunny-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the center of each slice. Carefully pull the excess bread away from the cutter. Reserve toast scraps for bread crumbs, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!