Soft Tacos with Pork
Yield: 12 soft tacos Prep 30 mins Cook 22 mins
- 3 small tomatoes, cored
- 2 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1/2pounds zucchini, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup crumbled Queso Fresco or mild feta cheese
- 12 soft corn tortillas, warmed
DirectionsMake roasted tomatoes::
1. Heat broiler. Line a jelly-roll pan with foil. Broil tomatoes and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until charred. Cool. Peel tomatoes and garlic; pulse in blender with chipotle until almost smooth.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat. Add pork; cook 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once, until brown. Transfer to medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add zucchini, salt, oregano, and cumin; cook 3 to 4 minutes more, until zucchini is tender. Add to bowl.
3. Reduce heat to medium-high and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add roasted tomatoes; cook 2 minutes, just until thickened. Add pork mixture to tomatoes and cook 1 minute more, until heated through. Stir in cheese. Fill each tortilla with a generous 1/3 cup filling and roll up. Makes 12 soft tacos.
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet