Spice-Rubbed Cured Ham with Apple-Maple Sauce
- Olive oil, for pan
- 1 8 - 10 pound fully cooked shank end bone-in ham
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Place ham, cut side down, on prepared pan and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Whisk together sugar, garlic, and cumin until combined well. Score skin of ham in a crosshatch pattern and rub with spice mixture.
2. Bake in middle of oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of ham (without touching bone) registers 140 degree F, about 2-1/2 hours. Cover ham loosely with foil and let stand while making sauce.
3. Whisk together mustard, cider, and maple syrup in a bowl, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a gravy boat.
4. Carve ham into 1/8-inch-thick slices and serve with sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet