Spicy Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 - 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce
- 3 1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic and stir until tender, 3 minutes. Stir in ketchup, jelly, vinegar and steak sauce and just bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Line a shallow roasting pan with double thickness of foil. Rub ribs with salt and place meaty side down in pan. Brush with 1/3 (about 1/2 cup) of sauce mixture and bake 25 to 35 minutes. Turn ribs and brush with another 1/3 of sauce. Bake 25 to 35 minutes more or until ribs are tender. Heat remaining sauce until bubbly; serve with the ribs. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)33,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!