Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Lime Mayonnaise
Yield: about 80 appetizers Prep 15 mins Chill 8 hrs Roast 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 1 pound loaves French bread, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Lime wedges and cilantro
1. Combine the garlic, paprika, salt, oregano, cumin, and red and black peppers in a small bowl. Rub all over the pork, then wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. Thirty minutes before roasting, remove pork from refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Unwrap pork, place in a roasting pan and roast 20 to 25 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of tenderloin reaches 160 degree F. Cool.
3. For Lime Mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise, lime peel, and lime juice in a small bowl.
4. To serve, cut pork into very thin slices and serve on French bread with Lime Mayonnaise. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro. Makes about 80 appetizers.
Make Ahead Tip
- Roast pork and prepare mayonnaise as directed above. Cover and chill up to 3 days. Remove the pork 30 minutes before serving.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!