Thai Pork Curry
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 pound boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons mild curry base*
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1. Start to cook rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, toss pork with garlic and salt in a bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook, stirring, 1-1/2 minutes until browned; transfer to plate. Set aside.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and bell pepper to skillet; cook 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
4. Stir in marmalade, curry base and water. Return pork to skillet; bring to a boil. Add peas. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, to heat through. (Add 1 to 2 more tablespoons water if too thick.) Serve with rice. Makes 4 servings.
- Available from a taste of Thai, 800-243-0897.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet