Zesty Bacon and Horseradish Dip
Yield: 1-1/4 cups Prep 15 mins Chill 2 hrs Cook 8 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted raw vegetables and crackers
1. Cook the bacon in a medium skillet until crisp, then transfer to paper towels and drain.
2. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of drippings from skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Crumble bacon into a medium bowl and add onion mixture. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, pepper, and salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
3. Remove dip from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving. Serve with vegetables and crackers. Makes 24 servings (1-1/4 cups).
- Servings Per Recipe 24
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!