Baked Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 lb.), cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 12 ounce package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 14 1/2ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Remove skin from all chicken pieces except wings; trim any visible fat. Cut chicken breasts crosswise in half.
2. Heat oil in large roasting pan in oven 2 minutes. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the salt, oregano, and ground pepper in large resealable plastic bag; add chicken pieces, tossing to coat well with flour mixture. Remove chicken from bag, arrange in hot oil in roasting pan; bake 20 minutes.
3. Stir mushrooms, red pepper and onions into roasting pan with chicken; bake 15 minutes, stirring once.
4. Add tomatoes with their liquid, wine and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, using spoon to break up tomatoes. Bake 10 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!