Yield: 15 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 40 mins
- 5 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 or 16 oz. each) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4-1/2 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup seeded, chopped poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chile
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, chicken, turkey and salt. Cook, breaking up meat with spoon, until cooked through, 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add cooked meat, broth, beans, hominy, chiles, cumin, lime juice and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Makes 15 cups.
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!