Chicken Couscous Casserole
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions, adding the soy sauce to the water.
2. Place zucchini and bell pepper in 2-quart microwave proof casserole; cover and microwave on 100 percent power (High) 3 minutes.
3. Melt butter in medium skillet over high heat. Add ginger, garlic, and ground red pepper; cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add chicken and continue cooking, stirring, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in wine and broth and boil 2 minutes. Stir couscous, chicken, and water chestnuts into vegetables in casserole; cover and microwave on 100 percent power (High) 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onions. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet