Chicken Parmesan Pronto
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 14 - 14 1/2ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Place the chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper. Pound to 1/2 inch thick with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Place the flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs in 3 separate, shallow dishes. Dip chicken in flour, shaking off any excess, then in egg, then in crumbs, pressing firmly to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a 13x9-inch shallow baking dish. Add mushrooms to skillet; cook for 30 seconds. Add sauce and parsley; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
4. Layer zucchini in a shallow microwave proof dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with wax paper or a paper towel. Microwave on 100 percent power (High) 2 minutes; drain.
5. Place 2 zucchini slices in an X pattern on each chicken breast. Pour sauce evenly over zucchini and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake uncovered about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!