Chunky Turkey Chili
Yield: 8 cups Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1 pound boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 14 1/2ounce can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 ounce package frozen succotash
1. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Heat 1/2 teaspoon of the oil in large saucepot over high heat. Add half the turkey and brown on all sides; transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and turkey.
2. Add onions to pot; cover and cook over medium heat until tender, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon; cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and bring to boil. Add beans, broth, and succotash. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add turkey and simmer 5 minutes more. Makes 8 cups.
- Fat, total(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!