- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breast halves, cut in half, or chicken thighs
- 1 orange, quartered and sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup imported green olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Combine salt, pepper, mint and allspice in cup. Rub garlic over chicken, then sprinkle with salt mixture. Place chicken in large plastic storage bag. Add orange and lemon slices to bag and squeeze slightly to release juices. Add wine. Seal and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange onion slices in jelly-roll pan. Top with chicken mixture and olives. Bake 40 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
3. Transfer chicken and citrus pieces to heated serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan drippings into a glass measure; skim off fat. Combine drippings and broth in small saucepan; boil over medium-high heat, 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet