Family-Style Meat Loaf
- 1 1/4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup bottled chili sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Combine bread crumbs and milk in small bowl; set aside.
2. Combine mushrooms, onions, celery, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, water, and oil in saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, over high heat until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are browned, 8 minutes.
3. Combine turkey, beef, 1/2 cup of the chili sauce, the basil, egg whites, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl. Stir in vegetables and crumb mixture just until blended. Pat into 9x5-inch loaf pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 165 degrees F. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet