- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 4 large chicken thighs (1-1/2 lbs.), skinned
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cooked wild and white rice (optional)
- Steamed watercress (optional)
1. Combine brown sugar, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and five-spice powder in shallow 1-1/2-quart microwave-proof dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and microwave on 100 percent power (High) 10 minutes, turning chicken halfway through. Transfer chicken to platter.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and stir into pan juices. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (High) 1-1/2 minutes more. Stir and pour over chicken. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Serve with wild and white rice and steamed watercress, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!