Linguine with Chicken, Asparagus and Orange Cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups thinly sliced cooked chicken
- 1 pound dried linguine or fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 4 minutes or until softened. Add asparagus, broth, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Stir in cream and peel. Bring to boil; cook until slightly thickened, 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.
2. Toss sauce with hot pasta in large serving bowl. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!