Mexican Chicken Hash
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and minced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Lime wedges, for garnish
1. Combine cumin, cinnamon, cloves, and red pepper in small saucepan. Heat, stirring over low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to large bowl. Add lime juice, salt, and lime peel. Whisk in oil. Add chicken, celery, green onions, and jalapeno; toss well.
2. Line platter with lettuce leaves; spoon on chicken salad and top with avocado. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!