Mom's Chicken Soup
Nothing comforts like homemade chicken soup. Use canned broth and leftover cooked chicken to make it fast and easy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 10 cups homemade or canned chicken broth
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups diced, cooked chicken (see LHJs Chicken Broth recipe, if using)
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots, onions and celery and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until softened.
2. Add broth, salt and thyme. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes. Stir in chicken pieces and cook 5 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet