Roasted Chicken with Bread Salad
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 chicken thighs (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic divided
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Half a 10-ounce bag spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme in cup. Spread a pinch of herb mixture under skin of each chicken thigh; sprinkle remaining herbmixture over the chicken.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; brown 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and brown 4 to 5 minutes more. Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
3. Add 1 teaspoon garlic to skillet; cook 15 seconds. Add vinegar; boil 1 minute. Add broth and mustard; return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Arrange chicken on 4 plates, reserving sauce.
4. Meanwhile, combine bread, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 2 teaspoons garlic and poultry seasoning in bowl; toss. Spread bread mixture on cookie sheet; bake 10 minutes. Return bread to bowl; toss with spinach, sauce from chicken and lemon juice. Serve with chicken. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)26,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!