Southwest Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 chickens (3 to 4 lbs. each), cut up
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Prepared salsa
1. Heat grill.
2. For the marinade, whisk lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeno sauce, cumin and salt in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup to plastic resealable storage bag with cut-up chicken; add remaining 1/4 cup to another bag with boneless breasts. Seal bags and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
3. Grill chicken over medium* heat, 30 to 40 minutes for bone-in pieces, 10 to 15 minutes for boneless breasts or until cooked through. Serve with salsa. Makes 8 servings.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!