Southwest Turkey Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley plus 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 large or 3 small yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium red onions, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
1. Whisk lemon juice, salt, garlic, and red pepper in large bowl; gradually whisk in oil. Stir in oregano.
2. Cut turkey into 1-1/2-inch chunks, discard any tough membrane. Add to marinade, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Heat grill. Thread turkey alternately with vegetables on 8 skewers; sprinkle with salt. Grill over medium-high* heat, turning occasionally, 20 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Makes 8 servings.
- To test for medium-high heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 3 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet