Spicy Chicken Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 12 ounces dried thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in chicken, salt, thyme, onion powder, sage, and peppers; cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in green onions; cook 1 minute more. Gradually add cream. Increase heat to high and boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
2. Combine chicken mixture, hot pasta, and parsley in serving bowl; toss to mix. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)30,
- sat. fat(g)17,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!