Spinach Chicken Noodle Soup
Yield: 6 cups Start to Finish 35 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 13 1/4 - 14 1/2ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 8 - 10 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1 1/2inch piece rind from Parmesan cheese, or 1-inch cube Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried tiny star pasta or 3/4 cup broken dried thin spaghetti
- 2 cups packed julienned spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (do not brown). Stir in broth, chicken, Parmesan rind, pepper and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside. Remove and discard cheese rind (if using).
2. Increase heat to high. Add pasta and boil, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop chicken into 1/2-inch dice.
3. Return chicken to soup; add spinach. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Makes 6 cups.
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet