Warm Chicken and Pesto Vegetable Sandwich
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup thin radish strips
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 chicken cutlets (1/2 lb.), about 1/2-inch thick
- 8 slices pumpernickel or black bread
1. In food processor, puree chopped green onion, sour cream, pesto, lemon juice, and salt; transfer to bowl. Stir in peppers, radish strips, carrot, and green onion strips.
2. Lightly coat large skillet with vegetable cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add cutlets and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Place each cutlet on a slice of bread. Spoon vegetable mixture over cutlets and top with remaining bread. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet