Lemon Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 325 degree F. Grease and lightly flour a 12-cup bundt pan. With an electric mixer at low speed, blend all cake ingredients in a large bowl until just combined, then continue beating on medium speed 3 minutes more. Pour into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.Make glaze::
2. Whisk 2 cups sugar with lemon juice until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup of this glaze. With cake still in pan, poke holes in top with a skewer, about one every inch. Pour half of the glaze over hot cake. Let stand 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate and brush the top and sides with remaining glaze. Let cool.
3. Blend remaining confectioners' sugar with the 1/4 cup reserved glaze until smooth and pourable (add a few drops of water if necessary). Drizzle over cake.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!