Individual Corn Puddings with Field Greens
The corn and egg casseroles are served with a light green salad in this simple dinner.
- Butter, for ramekins
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 2 10 ounce boxes frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus additional whole chives for garnish
- 8 cups assorted salad greens, rinsed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Butter eight 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups.
2. Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a bowl; salt and pepper to taste. Slowly add oil in a stream, whisking until vinaigrette is emulsified.
3. In a food processor, pulse together corn, sugar, the 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until corn is coarsely chopped; transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in half-and-half, eggs, egg yolks, nutmeg, flour, and chopped chives. Pour about 1/2 cup mixture into each ramekin. Bake on a large baking sheet in middle of oven until just set, about 20 minutes. Puddings will continue to set as they cool.
4. Toss salad greens with just enough vinaigrette to coat. Serve pudding warm or at room temperature, garnished with whole chives, with salad on the side. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet