Mini Chive Popovers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus additional for pans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Pinches sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F and arrange rack in middle of oven. Using two 12-cup nonstick mini-popover pans, butter 8 cups per pan, spacing to allow for even baking.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cumin, and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, chives, and butter in a medium bowl. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Divide batter between prepared cups, filling them three-quarters full.
3. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove popovers from pan and serve immediately. (Can be kept warm in a 200 degree F oven up to 30 minutes.) Makes 16 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 16
- Fat, total(g)5,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!