Yield: 1 loaf, eighteen 1/2-inch-thick slices Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 55 mins Stand 15 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and pepper in medium bowl.
3. Whisk pumpkin, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in milk and oil. Stir in dry ingredients just until blended; fold in nuts.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack, 15 minutes. Unmold and cool completely on wire rack. Makes 1 loaf, eighteen 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare and bake bread. Cover and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature 4 hours.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!