Reese's Pieces Cake
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 8-inch chocolate 2-layer cake, unfrosted
- 1/2 recipe Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 2/3 cup Reese's Pieces
1. Beat the butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, and milk until smooth. Trim domed tops from cakes. Place one cake layer on serving dish and spread with peanut butter frosting. Top with second layer and frost entire cake with Whipped Chocolate Ganache, smoothing the top and edges.
2. Decorate the cake with Reese's Pieces turned on their side, making designs. Makes one 8-inch layer cake
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound (16 oz) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat cream and confectioners' sugar in a saucepan to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate in a mixing bowl. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
2. Set bowl over another bowl filled with ice and water, and allow mixture to cool. Stir until ganache is cold to the touch, about 5 min. Whip ganache in a mixer until lighter in color and just fluffy (don't overwhip or ganache will curdle). Use immediately.