This homemade relish, made with fresh cranberries and pearl onions, tastes great with both turkey and ham.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1 pound bag peeled frozen pearl onions, thawed and patted dry
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 2 12 ounce bags fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir together sugar, vinegar, bay leaf, and cranberries in a large saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf; salt and pepper to taste. Stir in onions and transfer to a bowl to cool. Chill, loosely covered, until cold, about 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet