- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1 pound bag peeled frozen pearl onions, thawed and patted dry
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 2 12 ounce bags fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until golden brown and tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir together sugar, vinegar, bay leaf, and cranberries in a large saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf; salt and pepper to taste. Stir in onions and transfer to a bowl to cool. Chill, loosely covered, until cold, about 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!