Savory Cranberry-Mustard Chutney
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in wine and simmer until reduced by half. Add cranberries, 1/2 cup water, the sugar and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries are just softened, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. Stir in mustard. Serve warm or chilled. (Can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.) Makes 12 to 14 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)1,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!