Roasted Broccoli Melt
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1 pound loaf ciabatta
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl toss broccoli florets with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper; transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine olives, parsley, lemon zest and cheeses. Toss 1/2 of cheese mixture with the cooked broccoli; set aside.
3. Split ciabatta in half and place on a baking sheet, cut sides up; drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread broccoli mixture onto bottom half of ciabatta. Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture onto both halves. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Replace top of sandwich and cut into 8 slices.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!