Avocado Jicama Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 jicama (1 to 1-1/4 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh watercress
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. For the dressing, combine oil, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and ginger in small bowl.
2. Combine jicama and bell pepper in bowl; toss with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
3. Just before serving, toss avocado with remaining dressing in bowl. Arrange watercress around edge of large platter; spoon on jicama mixture. Top with avocado. Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare both dressing and jicama mixture. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!