Broccoli-Red Pepper Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large bunches (3 lbs.) broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
1. Whisk vinegar, mustard, the 3/4 teaspoon salt, and the garlic in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in parsley.
2. Cut broccoli into small florets. (Reserve stalks for another use.) Heat 2 quarts water and the 1 teaspoon salt to boiling in saucepot. Add broccoli and cook 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Combine torn lettuces, bell peppers, and broccoli in large salad bowl. Add Dressing; toss well. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare salad and Dressing. Cover and refrigerate separately up to 4 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!