Caesar Salad with Crispy Parmesan Chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 hearts romaine, trimmed
1. Blend first 5 ingredients together in blender until smooth, and reserve. If dressing is too thick, whisk in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.
2. Mix together Parmesan, breadcrumbs, and pepper in shallow bowl. Put eggs in another shallow bowl.
3. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken breasts 1 at a time in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to plate.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Cook chicken in batches, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes total, adding additional oil if necessary.
5. Arrange romaine leaves and chicken on serving plates and drizzle with dressing. Makes 4 servings.
- Substitute your child's favorite dressing for the Caesar and use chicken tenders instead of cutlets.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!