Fingerling Potato Salad with Leeks and Fennel
- 1 3/4 pounds white, yellow or purple fingerling or banana potatoes
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light-green parts sliced into 1/8-inch rounds
- 1 small fennel bulb, plus some fronds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped summer savory leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and ground black pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot with lightly salted cold water to cover. bring to a simmer and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are just tender, about 20 min. Drain, transfer a bowl and toss with 2 tbsp vinegar; allow to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and reduce heat to medium. Cook until just tender and translucent, 5 to 8 min. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and add to potatoes, reserving oil.
3. Thinly slice fennel with a knife or on a mandolin. Add to the potatoes along with savory leaves and fennel fronds.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle in warm olive oil and whisk to combine. Add dressing to salad and gently toss. Serve warm or chilled. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet