Floral Spring Salad with Herbed Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion, green part only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 4 heads assorted lettuce, such as red leaf, Boston, and Bibb, leaves separated
1. For salad dressing, pulse together mayonnaise, sour cream, scallion, tarragon, anchovies, capers, and juice in a food processor until smooth and pale green. Transfer to a small pitcher; salt and pepper to taste. Keep dressing chilled, covered, until ready to serve. The recipe makes more dressing than you will need for the salad.
2. Decoratively arrange lettuce leaves in a large serving bowl, standing them up to form a flower. Keep chilled, loosely covered with a damp paper towel, until ready to serve. Serve salad with dressing on the side. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet