Garden Macaroni Salad
Yield: 8 cups Start to Finish 35 mins
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 8 ounces dried elbow macaroni (2-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch radishes, halved and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered, seeded, and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dillweed
1. Whisk all dressing ingredients in large bowl until smooth.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions just until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
3. Add macaroni, then remaining ingredients, to dressing; toss well. Makes 8 cups.
- To make 1 cup sour milk, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it in a recipe.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!