Garlic Shrimp Salad with Mango, Toasted Almonds and Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 small jalapeno, halved, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (such as romaine, Bibb, escarole and radicchio), torn
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced and cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick sticks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry; transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon each oil, lime juice and garlic; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, 14 teaspoon garlic, the orange juice and jalapeno. Add 4 tablespoons oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well. Stir in onion and cilantro; salt and pepper to taste, for vinaigrette.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add shrimp, in 2 batches, and cook, turning once, until golden brown and opaque, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer, as cooked, to a plate.
4. Combine greens, mango, papaya and almonds in a large bowl.
5. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat; salt and pepper to taste. Mound salad on plates alongside shrimp and serve.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)29,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!